Varanasi Weavers and Artisans Society is a business facilitation unit for handloom weavers of Varanasi, promotes membership to the organization and provides various business support services.
- Product Development and Design Innovation
- Upskilling and design development for product innovation targeting contemporary markets/ consumers
- Handholding support for achieving necessary quality standards
- Design bank of Benarasi weaves for practitioners
- Supporting linkages for raw materials and technology inputs
- Capacity building on business and production planning, pricing – costing, inventory management,
- financial literacy, organization management, market trends, branding and communication, marketing, etc.
- Support to weaver – entrepreneurs for establishing necessary regulatory and governance structures
- Capacity Building on fair trade practices
- Linkages to financial schemes and support for infrastructure/ working capital
Promotion & Branding
- Promotion of authentic Varanasi weaves and the traditional practitioners through the Brand WEaver- Varanasi’s Heritage
- Promotion through catalogues, website, social media, etc.
Market facilitation and linkages
- Institutional partnerships and Buyer Linkages
- Availability of weavers’ directory for designers and buyers to establish direct linkages
- Buyer seller meets, exhibitions, e-commerce, store events etc
- Craftmark Certification for skilled handloom weavers
- Support to apply for and meet the requirements for GI on the Benarasi weave